A divided kingdom




A divided kingdom

I am not a perfect fellow but I am striving to be at least above the average. Who told you that I am finished? Are you the one who planted the greatness within me? Mind you, as much as you have hidden wounds, I also have my own but the challenge is uniting our feeble knees in order to build a solid being - one whose creator can adore.

You may open your filthy mouth and preach sour sermons about me, trash my name in the garbage bin on your enticingly fancy coffee tables but yours are just words, not sharp enough to pierce my source of life. Your laughter of derision is only a path that polishes my face for the glory ahead, your ignorance has deceived you that I am useless in your eyes but behold, tomorrow is here and the future is now.
I have accepted all your spitting of witchcraft in my yard because I didn’t see it coming, I thought my world had been complete by you on my side but clearly, that’s why I’m here: down and out because I believed you.

I listened to your songs of bitterness, which blocked the fertility of my destiny and made my seeds of a bright future futile - there you were celebrating my fall, you had forgotten that the wheel would turn. My skin color reflects my wealthy fields of serenity that are priceless and precious beyond doubt - who are you to tell me that I’m inadequate to change the world because of my complexion?
I don’t blame you, you have never tasted the flavors of divine - the fruits of humanity, ubuntu - that it takes a village to raise a child. You have made insanity your father, that’s why you are a god of crime, a master of corruption and a ruler of dream thieves; the origins of demonic massacres of our land.

I have no intention to offend but to build, however how can we build if there’s no foundation? How can there be foundation if you are still married to the father of lies, the chiefs of sexual immorality, the kings of political propaganda and the offspring of drug turmoil? Impossible!
You only wipe my saliva when it benefits you, you only kiss my lips when I have lipstick, you only polish my shoes if you know that they will promote your office; what a seductive devil you are - a shameful author of our land’s flaws.

What is the way forward? Do we kiss and dine to ease the moment? Should we pose smiles of pretence that we’re brothers while we know that we’re mixed water and oil? You have undermined me, rejected my true essence so that you may be exalted in the kingdom of wealth, greedy politics and selfish governance - I wander who’s your master!
As for me, I am willing to sober you with truth: the only solution to these ruins, but it depends on your willingness to burn this chaff and renew this garden - the garden of
Pure tranquil.

By Blessing Mhlanga. 24/04/2019 - Wednesday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A mafia tells his tales

Mugabe writes his obituary

Opinion piece: Ancestral worship is a fallacy