A divine rescue from the world's gods


A divine rescue from the world's gods.

I was convinced that l was done, l had believed that l was gone, gone to the land of no return. No one beleived my state : a godless wretch waiting for its last breath.

My crowns had vanished with the rats of time, time had also lost sense of worth to my breath. I traded my pure soul which heaven invested in me for its glory for a cheap, blatant and cyclical nightmare.

Where is all that l gained? Where is all l diligently laboured for? Yes, the greedy soils of nature have eaten it all.
My pride, my fate had prepared a grave for my breathing corpse, a tale that not even my foes would wish against me.

My skin: a dry Hyde that continuosly peeled itself off. My gold mines: a wreck of house that cockroaches had made habitat.
My pride: a garment of torment that invited worms to feed on my flesh.

My children: a school of harlots which the enemy used as unpaid slaves. My soul: a dead man walking. My mind: a captured victim of the world's gods.

All this had become my bread and butter, until he who loved me before l existed called me, pulled me to his soothing arms in whom l fainted and never wished to depart from thy.

I don't know why he came to save me, l didn't deserve his warm embrace which when l tasted revived me back to the land of the living and sanctioned Mr death away from my yard.

I didn't know him, but somehow l was convinced that there was one who was above all, greater than the greatest, stronger than the strongest from above, whom having seen my bleeding  heart drowning in the pool of sin, took heed to my desperate gasp and made me whole.

I am now his friend, he has become mine, there's no me without him. This is the best treasure l have ever attained, by the way free of charge and by virtue of his mercy.

Wanna know this man? Wanna find him? He is centre of this easter and his arms are not folded, he's calling out - will you heed the call?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A mafia tells his tales

Mugabe writes his obituary

Opinion piece: Ancestral worship is a fallacy