A voter's prayer

A voter's prayer

I know that they are imperfect junkies,
I understand that they are clumsy pigs,
Their filthy trash is before me,
But l have to elect my voice aloud,
And vote for the nerds of politics.

Mr politician, hear my wail,
I don't expect you to be an angel,
But at least befriend angels of nature,
Who will help you eradicate our gasp,
And redig the buried wells of Abraham.

Take heed to my prayer,
Don't make my vote your slave,
Don't abuse my democratic blessing in choosing you as my head.
Respect the wishes of my privilege and fulfill your promises.

I'm not begging you to be my superman,
I'm expecting you to be sober
Forget your egotistic agendas,
Be an excellent bird in that office,
And massage the feeble knees of our nation.

Sanctify the burden of the young generation,
Which has sold them to the pit of zombies
Wipe away the rivers of inflation,
Reduce the trend of jobless hashtags
And cut the roots of soaring taxes.

Uplift the wings of corrupt-free eagles,
Make your weaknesses your servants,
Rebuild the ruins of our nation
Be the light to our dark shacks,
And we shall applaud your office.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A mafia tells his tales

Mugabe writes his obituary

Opinion piece: Ancestral worship is a fallacy