A zeal for hope


A zeal for hope

Let me be so that l can cuddle a bea,
I want to smile but the unknown zips my lips,
I reach out to the leaves for refreshment,
But all l get is a cold slap, a fire of wither,
I want to fly, soar beyond my world and rest.

Let me gaze the dollars of maize,
Which trades my eyes for trends,
Yet inspite of a lonely feel of a rocky skin,
I shall make my cry aloud and ascend above,
I can ignore but l choose to ignite.

To date, my pride is my tribe,
One that feeds my void with the divine,
To erase the lost tales of my loss,
Who can dare to see my nude pains,
I have much but l choose to cast them to Mr prayer.

Let me kiss the delight of the moment,
Treat my wounds, mend my broken woods,
Strip off the garments of yester wail,
Put on the new suit, a dazzle of my potential,
Then l will arise, face the universe and cruise over.

By Blessing Mhlanga.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A mafia tells his tales

Mugabe writes his obituary

Opinion piece: Ancestral worship is a fallacy