Juicy Grills Restaurant review


Juicy Grills Restaurant review




05/ 06 /2019



Located on the paramount top hill of Chilli on top complex, at a busy but stunningly prominent corner of Luewkop and Rivonia road, Juicy grills is a family restaurant that offers flame-grilled ribs, steak, burgers and sizzling seafood for pleasure lovers in and around Sunninghill. I paid the store a visit for dinner on Saturday, two waiters stood uniformly by the door and welcomed me with enlightening smiles which made me ignore their torned menus they were carrying and the dusty filth on the store’s door post.

Joe was my waiter, he sat me down on a tiny corner table, opposite the kids’ play area, where I felt warm and also chilled by the sweet, slow background music in the store. The tables look spotless but the floor looks sticky, having its white tiles darkened by a blanket of dust on it.

The store looks fancy and modern, with flowery designs and lighting stretching on the interior walls, the lights are soft and slightly dim, giving a perfect artmosphere for a young couple on a date, provided they will sit as far away as possible from the kids’ play area where little kids couldn’t stop screaming, chanting and laughing.

Five minutes later, Joe arrived with my coffee, neatly placed a yellow, rubber placemat before me which was engraved with the store’s name all over it and I asked for a few minutes to peruse the menu before ordering, he permitted me with a smile, of course.

All Customers looked calm and collected, getting cosy with their loved ones either eating and gladly waiting for their order except for one old man, who kept on shouting and demanding for his delayed meal.
In less than a second, the old man had his meal delivered to the table by a friendly and vigilant manager who left the man happy and satisfied.

The kitchen staff looked geared for a busy night, well dressed with hair nets and gloves, the kitchen manager appeared to paying meticulous attention to every product being cooked and evaluating its perfection before it got to the customer and kept on commanding the staff to wash their hands almost every minute.

The walls are made of crystal clear glass, giving the customers a soul-relaxing view of the store’s exterior while having their meals - this divine ambience propelled me to order my meal: a Rib and Chicken Combo, with crispy chips and onion rings, topped with a hot peri peri sauce.

While I was waiting for my meal, the manager kept on checking on me every five minute, asking if I had waited for too long for my meal or if I wanted another round of coffee and if I was enjoying myself - this was perfect customer service that made me feel special.

Fifteen minutes later, the waiter brought my order, carefully placed it on my table with the plate’s logo facing me, I saw steam ascending from my meal, its fresh and succulent smell complimented the spicy, mouth-watering sauce marinated on my ribs and quarter chicken. I fell in love with my meal and I couldn’t wait for Joe to leave my table so that I can chow it.

The meal was perfectly cooked, well-done but not burnt, tender but not too hard and its juicy taste exceeded my expectation but I failed to finish my onion rings because they were way too oily. Since I was impressed with the ribs and chicken, I overlooked the cook’s fault of oily onion rings.

The meal was too huge for me to finish, so I asked for a take away bag from my Joe to take it home. Later, I ordered dessert to cool my spiced tongue and tummy, a hot Malva Pudding drizzled with chocolate sauce and married to a top-cherried ice cream sealed my dining.

One thing that stood out for me: Joe’s smile did not fade during my stay and I compliment the chef for the excellent work of juicy taste. Juicy grills deserve an award for their excellent customer service and juicy meals, however they still need to improve the cleanliness of the floors and door post as well as renew their wrecked menus.



716 words………………………………………by Blessing Mhlanga…………..………..



NB: Please note that this is a work of fiction by the writer. Names of people, places or companies are all coincidential.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A mafia tells his tales

Mugabe writes his obituary

Opinion piece: Ancestral worship is a fallacy