Memories


Memories.

Remember those days my friend,
When we would laugh like ain’t no tomorrow,
Dance carelessly as demons,
When his majesty-life brought no worry nor woe,
And when it was a world of smiles with no tragedy.

Remember those moments my brother,
That made every dream a spacious possibility,
That painted our fate with glamour,
That baptised our souls with purity,
And magnified our weaknesses with majestic favour.

Remember those times my sister,
When light fought our battles of darkness,
When the birds of the skies brought meat for us,
When angels bathed our bodies with milk,
And when love moisturizedA our harsh skin.

Remember those tales my mother,
When my wish was your command,
When comfort was my daily meal,
When flying in the sky was possible,
And when our goodness brought life to the dead.

Remember those hours my father,
When our relief made the world a garden of Eden,
When the heavens buttered our daily bread,
When failure turned into a servant of prosperity,
And when woe turned to a servant of bliss.

Remember those stars my dear flower,
That made angels jealous of our kiss,
That made the earth crumble because of our roses of romance.
To my tomorrow I soar but I still cling to those times.
Gone are the days, memories is all I have.


30/10/2015- Friday. By Blessing Mhlanga.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A mafia tells his tales

Mugabe writes his obituary

Opinion piece: Ancestral worship is a fallacy