Certain day

Certain day

By Blessing Mhlanga. 8/12/2019.

Shackles had made me a slave to eating dust. There was no just saviour to do the best. Wounds of guilt, visage of woes, sentiments of terror, l had inherited it all. Finished and unpolished, it's a miracle l was left unperished.

Nothing to write home about, there was no home anyway, hence shelter was only but a fluke. Until the certain day of ordinary days came. The day l found my creator and married the true essence of my identity. The day l flew to the mountain top, gazed the heaven of my bliss and grazed the pastures of destiny.

This is the day l met my flaws and made a covenant to never dance on their floors. On this day, l kissed the sparkling garments of my potential and dined with honor. I laughed at the vultures of my past down the mountain and saw them gnashing of loss and marrying defeat. The sun couldn't set because they never resisted the glory of my worth. Even the moon joined the sun and applauded endlessly.

Time had come. The season was right. The time was valid. I had risen and no one could stop me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A mafia tells his tales

Mugabe writes his obituary

Opinion piece: Ancestral worship is a fallacy