Gone is my love



Gone is my love

Should I recall our days of delight,
My eyes turn blood-red and my heart begin to blink our moments of roses.
My skin shiver in cold as all I have is the stamp of your lipstick.
My blood runs swiftly ahead of time trying to bring back your glow.
But I stand in hold of the pillow of our first love.

Gone is the tale that torments my mind.
I can’t bring you back to my arms,
Neither can I make your skin cling to mine.
But forget you not, that my souls still long to kiss the bliss of your smile.
I can only pray to behold your feel in the next world.

Gone is the golden heaven that only you brought unto me.
My tears flood as I gaze this love you painted in my heart,
And the us-world has dissolved with mother-yesterday.
Mercy-fall, Can the breath of our romance resurrect?
Time has become a toxic mountain between thus.

Gone is the palace of tranquil that we built so dearly,
Hoping to shelter our rainbow of glittering embrace,
Yet the enemy has lied and prevailed against the promise,
Our rivers have been dried with lifeless foes,
And our trees wave dry leaves with fruitless tales.

Gone is your whisper to my ears to polish my wounds,
The bitter reality: our clouds have become barren of milk,
To nurture our bond of fellowship. 
I spit hatred because you are gone,
But I breath peace when our memories emerge.

20/08/2018. BY BLESSING MHLANGA.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A mafia tells his tales

Mugabe writes his obituary

Opinion piece: Ancestral worship is a fallacy