The angel of my heart

12/ 02/ 2019 - Tuesday


The angel of my heart


There in her arms lies a golden embrace,
One that erases the scars of my falls,
And dry my rejection rivers of nature.
Her heart is a fountain of solid grace,
And my heaven of delight in times of tempest.

Her eyes of romance never grow dim,
They are light enough to melt my vanity,
She has a voice of a calm, refreshing morning breeze,
Which deeply blows off the dark snares of mine,
And still make my mountains a walk in the park. 

She and him, partnered with the creator for my existence,
Her ears bear a palace that attend to all my entreaty,
She rebukes my filthy traits with a mild rod,
In her womb I rested for the entire 9 months,
And on her bosom I feasted for the entire childhood.

How have I deserved such an angel? With pure eyes of dazzle?
Full of innocent touches of polished and smooth soul?
Even in grey hair, I still smile tranquil in her arms,
She’s an angel of my heart - one that I will never dream to lose,
And one whose cheeks I long to kiss with my every breath. 

Dear mother, I may never understand your load you’ve carried for me,
I may not recall the wounds I have caused in your heart,
I may forget your bitter tears you have shed for my heart beat,
Also, your prayers of a glimmering palace for my tomorrow,
But never will I forget the warmth of your embrace and your juicy visage of romance.


by Blessing Mhlanga

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mugabe writes his obituary

The war of the human race

A mafia tells his tales