The angel of my heart

12/ 02/ 2019 - Tuesday


The angel of my heart


There in her arms lies a golden embrace,
One that erases the scars of my falls,
And dry my rejection rivers of nature.
Her heart is a fountain of solid grace,
And my heaven of delight in times of tempest.

Her eyes of romance never grow dim,
They are light enough to melt my vanity,
She has a voice of a calm, refreshing morning breeze,
Which deeply blows off the dark snares of mine,
And still make my mountains a walk in the park. 

She and him, partnered with the creator for my existence,
Her ears bear a palace that attend to all my entreaty,
She rebukes my filthy traits with a mild rod,
In her womb I rested for the entire 9 months,
And on her bosom I feasted for the entire childhood.

How have I deserved such an angel? With pure eyes of dazzle?
Full of innocent touches of polished and smooth soul?
Even in grey hair, I still smile tranquil in her arms,
She’s an angel of my heart - one that I will never dream to lose,
And one whose cheeks I long to kiss with my every breath. 

Dear mother, I may never understand your load you’ve carried for me,
I may not recall the wounds I have caused in your heart,
I may forget your bitter tears you have shed for my heart beat,
Also, your prayers of a glimmering palace for my tomorrow,
But never will I forget the warmth of your embrace and your juicy visage of romance.


by Blessing Mhlanga

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A mafia tells his tales

Mugabe writes his obituary

Opinion piece: Ancestral worship is a fallacy